Thursday, November 21, 2013

Big Day Today

I'm writing this post from the hotel. I'm a little bored this morning so I decided to write this.

Today I'll be having a catscan of my chest at 9:15, and MRI right after that of my arm to see how much Jimmy shrunk. Hopefully down to nothing! At 12 I'll have a meeting with my surgeon to plan the surgery. If you think these tests would stress me out, then you're absolutely right. The procedure itself is what gets me too. I hate being in those tubes, enclosed like that. I don't think I'm claustrophobic, but I'm definitely MRI, and CAT-phobic. And it doesn't end today with the tests. I got a call yesterday, that the doctor wants me to get a bone scan. So that's scheduled for this Friday. The past few days have been a little hard for me, so I did what I always do when I'm realy stressed out like this.....Exercise! Yeah, the same kid who didn't do anything but sleep in his bed all of Saturday was on the treadmill that Tuesday. I only was on it for 7 minutes, but I did work up to a jog. I also did some bodyweight squats too. It felt pretty good to exercise. It not only helped with the stress which is why I exercised in the first place, but I also need to stay strong. My legs have gotten much thinner from not using them, and I don't want them to get any weaker. I'm going to try to exercise as often as I can during this little break.
Running on the treadmill like a boss!



Please keep me in your prayers today!




2 comments:

  1. Hello Mike,

    My name is Kristen and my brother also has Ewing's Sarcoma. His cancer is growing off a vertebrae right beside his spine. I was wondering if you would ever be interested in talking sometime. I personally have not yet met anyone going through what I'm going through, and I think it would be helpful for me to talk. Maybe it would be helpful for you as well. Please let me know if you're ever interested.

    I hope your scans go well; I know how stressful waiting for results is.

    Also- to go along with your comfy chemo jacket, my mum has bought some soft head covers for my brother that might go well with your sweater. http://www.headcovers.com/ has some stylish, warm hats you could rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike!

    We are definitely thinking of you today! LOVE the treadmill photo. I can't wait until you can say "remember that Thanksgiving 20 years ago when i had surgery? " Stay strong as I know you will... Ellen and Greg Hamilton :)

    ReplyDelete