Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Scan Results

I've been getting some of my results over the past few days. I hoped I would have gotten them earlier, but I didn't. The big test result I've been anxious to see was the MRI, and I finally received it this morning. The test results I got are the CT scan, and the MRI, but no bone scan.

Let's start with the MRI results because that's what I'm sure you've been waiting for too. I read the report, and from what I can tell, everything looks good. What's left of Jimmy didn't absorb much of the contrast dye meaning the cells aren't active. There was less absorbed this time on the outside, and little to none on the inside. It's like an empty shell. My surgeon said that this happens sometimes. When they take Jimmy out, they are going to run tests on the cells of the tumor to find the necrosis percentage which is the percentage of the tumor that is dead. She said that in cases like mine that they are a lot of times close to 100%, which is awesome! Hoping for that 100% necrosis percentage. The bone marrow in my arm also didn't absorb nearly as much as it did on the original scan. And most importantly, Jimmy shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY! Here's a chart displaying the original dimensions, and the current dimensions.
 

That's an 81% decrease right there folks! No wonder why my arm feels so much better than it did in July. There's like nothing there now. It's still kind of long, but the width, and height decreased a lot which is what saved me when calculating the volume.


Now onto the CT scan. There was a 2 mm nodule in my right lung, but my oncologist said that it's nothing to worry about, but we're gonna keep an eye on it just to be safe. It wasn't on the last scan, so it kind of freaked me out when I saw it on the results. I called, and didn't get a call back for a few hours. It wasn't fun. I was more afraid about this little 2 mm nodule, than I was back in July when I was being diagnosed with this because I know how bad this cancer spreading to your lung can be. Then I talked to one of his nurses, and she explained that it's nothing to worry about, and it's very small. Like so small that its barely detectable by a CT scan. I'm doing better now, but I'm still a little scared about it. I'll feel better after my next CT scan if it doesn't change in size, or shrinks. I mean it might not even be Ewing's Sarcoma at all.

So I'm still waiting for bone scan, but I'm not too worried about that one. I don't think it's going to show anything. I'm pretty sure it would have shown on the PET scan that I had before I started treatment.


So what have I been doing with my time during this wonderful break that I have you may ask? Well, a lot actually. I had some friends over on Saturday. It was great seeing everyone. It was fun crushing my friends in Madden! They couldn't handle my awesomeness. On Sunday I went to church, and received the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick. Thanks Father Gerry! I also enjoyed dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Banko's! I got the orange roughy. Never had it before, and I thought it was really tasty. It was a really fun night out with my family. On Monday, I just rested at home. Didn't do much. I feel like I should have been somewhere that day. Oh yeah I forgot, I would normally be getting chemo, but not this time. Yesterday I had another friend over. It was a good visit. Played some 2k, and talked about sneakers. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I love retro sneakers, and so does my friend. We're sneakerheads! My favorite sneakers are the Penny Hardaway retro's because he's my favorite player of all time.

Today I'm just resting. Getting my body ready for my favorite holiday tomorrow...Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. It's going to be a great day! 


Lastly, thank you everyone for the prayers. They definitely help, and the proof is in the numbers. Keep praying for my healing of this rotten disease. Also for all of the other children battling cancer.

Me being a goof at Banko's





No comments:

Post a Comment