Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last A Treatment Before Surgery!

Not much has happened since my last post. Last week I pretty much just chilled out at home for the most part. I felt pretty well, especially by the weekend. I probably could have gone out or had people over or something last week, but I've been pretty active, and I'm happy that I just kept it easy last week. If it was warmer on Saturday, I would have gone outside to shoot some hoops. On Sunday we had a family gathering at my Grandma's house. I got to see my cousins' halloween costumes. It was a fun afternoon!
Ryan and Samantha in their costumes

On Monday I had my last A treatment before surgery. My last treatment of Doxorubicin(The Red Devil), Vincristine, and Cyclophosphamide until January when I'm back from surgery. I got some dates now as far surgery, and scans. My surgery is planned for December 10th (one week after my birthday, thank God!). I have my MRI, and CT scan of my lungs on the morning of November 21st(to make sure the cancer didn't spread). I will meet with my surgeon on November 21st in the afternoon to discuss final plans for surgery based on my scans from that morning. I'm so happy that I get to enjoy both Thanksgiving(my favorite holiday), and my birthday this year feeling pretty well. The last day of my B treatment, and the conclusion of my 3rd cycle of chemo will be on November 15th, so I'll have 2 weeks to recover for Thanksgiving, and 3 weeks for my birthday.

I feel a little under the weather today much like I did yesterday. Mainly tired, taste is off, moderately nauseous(Zofran pretty much eliminates it), and hot at times(with no fever though, just feel like I have a fever). No mouth sores though. Woohoo! The nurse suggested that I suck on ice chips 20 minutes prior to receiving Doxorubicin to prevent the mouth sores, and it worked so far. Yesterday I had nothing, and today its only a little tight under my tongue so hopefully I get nothing.  I've been drinking a lot of fluids trying to get the chemo out, which rose my weight 6 lbs in one day. So I'm pretty happy with how I feel considering it is my third time receiving this treatment. I went to my neighbor's house to drop off some stuff, and if I didn't tell them that I received chemo the day before they wouldn't of known it. They thought I looked great! Maybe I'm just a freak, but this chemotherapy stuff is definitely not as bad as I expected it to be this far. Everyone, including the doctors, and nurses are surprised about how I'm just pushing through this, and how well I look. The pharmacist that works in the Oncology department told my mom when she picked up my shot that she has never seen people with as positive of attitudes as my mom and I.

I haven't seen my blood-work results since before starting chemo because they have been so good, but out of curiosity I asked for the results just to see where I'm at. They're pretty good. I suspected that my red blood cell count, and hemoglobin were low because of how I feel, and I was right. Here's a chart. WBC being high is fine, it's from the shots.




Do I look like a cancer patient, or someone who
lost control cutting his hair? A dilemma...

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE A GOOF!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN... YOU CAN ALWAYS GO AS A CANCER PATIENT THIS YEAR..

    ReplyDelete