Sunday, January 11, 2015

Nine Month Scans

On Friday I had my nine month checkup. The results were good; there is still no evidence of disease! My oncologist was happy with how much healthier I looked than my last appointment in October. It was a pretty short appointment as not much has changed since the last one other than the fact that I gained some needed weight and have more energy now.

The appointment was in Radnor, which I haven't been to since my three month scans. It was nice seeing the amazing nurses that were so important in helping me get through my treatment. They are so glad to see me on the "other side" now, and looking healthier every time I see them.

Stress was really bad for me this time. All week I was really stressing over the appointment; much more than the previous appointments. I'm into that zone now where relapses typically occur so I was pretty nervous. I could write a lot on my thoughts about the stress I experienced this week, but I want this to be a happy post. My scans were clear right? Maybe I'll write about it in the next update.

Looking ahead: I have an appointment to check the status of my arm in late February. Also, school resumes for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment