Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cycle 2

Tomorrow I begin cycle 2 of my chemo. It will be part A of cycle 2. It'll be for one day just like last time, and I'm not too worried about it. Most of the issues I had last time weren't from the chemo, but from the other medicine I received, and getting the port installed. The medicine problem was fixed, and I won't have to starve this time during treatment so it'll be good. I'll have to take a picture of the Doxorubicin aka "The Red Devil."

I'm ready to get treatment tomorrow. In fact I feel like I've been ready since Thursday. I realize that I might not recover even as fast last time, but I know that with the support of everyone that I will bounce back. This game has many obstacles, and luckily I haven't encountered many so far. 

Yesterday I played basketball with my brother Joey. I played him one-on-one to 7. I told him to play his hardest and to not let me win. He kept his end of the bargain, and it was difficult. I could shut him out last year if I played him 100%. But now its so much harder. I barely beat him 7-6, and I was winded. I was surprised how my arm felt when I played. Remember that I am a righty and Jimmy is in my right arm so I need that arm a lot. The arm hurt the first time I shot, but it felt fine after that. I felt as quick as ever when I played, but my hops were way down. I could barely touch rim. I shouldn't be complaining because I couldn't do that a week ago. I was only half way up the net haha. I was getting that high in like 7th grade haha. I could probably use my jumping as a baseline for my overall strength during treatment. It was great to play with my brother yesterday. It was the first real physical activity I have had in a long time, and it was a real confidence booster for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment