Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Another Cycle Down and Some Good News

So first let's start with the good news. My most recent scans came back all clear! The only thing that was on it was the nodule which was radiated and that is continuing to shrink. It measures just 2 mm now. With my last two scans being clear I have a new streak now. My last streak ended in December 2016, so this is really exciting!

Right now I'm midway through cycle 5 and I plan on having one more round of Doxil. The plan will be finalized when I have an appointment with my oncologist on Thursday, but that's what I think the plan will be. Remember the original plan was 6 months of Doxil + Temsirolimus, so I think 2 months of that, then 4 months of Doxil alone should be good enough. Hopefully I can stop because I'm really burnt out and would like a break.

As for current side effects, in cycle 4, some more of the skin toxicity showed especially on my feet, and it is getting much worse this cycle. I have a few mouth sores which are as bad as they were when I was on Temsirolimus. And to top it all off I just caught a cold which is making me even more tired right now.

Not much else to report on. I've mostly been taking it easy. A few of my favorite tv shows just came back on including Mr. Robot, and The Walking Dead which have kept me busy. Also, I've been enjoying Penn State football which are off to a great 8-0 start. Thanksgiving is coming up in a few weeks which is a holiday I always look forward to.

The side effects have been rough, but at least it looks like I'm in a good place right now. I'm looking forward to the end of treatment and many more clear scans.

3 comments:

  1. Great news overall Mike! Also, Penn State is #4 in the just released College Football Playoff poll! https://collegefootballplayoff.com/rankings.aspx

    If you’re up to it, please drop me a line at sj00884@yahoo.com. Otherwise, have a great Thanksgiving, you have lots to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Great time to be a penn state fan. Have a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Please reach out to me. I have Ewing’s and would like to share experiences. My email is listed in username. Thanks

    ReplyDelete