Thursday, April 10, 2014

Scans are Clear!

I had a lot of good news today. At my oncology appointment I heard the news I have been waiting for, for so long...my scans are clear, meaning there is no evidence of the cancer in my body right now. My bone scan, and CT scan results were very boring which is good. The reason why I needed more images of my hip on the bone scan was because of my bone graft. It was creating a false red-flag, and so was my arm. Other than those two areas, there was nothing exciting about the bone scan test. The CT scan only showed the same nodule from before. It didn't change in size which means that it doesn't have anything to do with my cancer, and is nothing to worry about.

My blood-work was pretty good, but I'm still anemic which explains why I'm still tired. I'm not going to take my daily supplement pills this week(Magnesium, and Potassium), and if my blood results are fine checking for those two supplements I will be done with those pills. That'll be really great because I always hated taking those pills. The last piece of really good news for me was that I'm getting my port out. It might be next week or the week after. It depends because I'm going to be busy next week.

My appointment with my surgeon also went well. The results were pretty much what we expected. There is new bone growth on both ends of my humerus, but it has a long way to go before it closes the bridge with my cadaver bone in there. I wish I had a picture of the x-ray to show you, but there are gaps on both ends of the cadaver where it meets the ends of my own humerus. This is a start though which is good. My arm is a little bit stronger, and the flexibility is getting there. There is one movement that I struggle with, but everything else really impresses her. I'm also starting to get some muscle tone on my arm back which surprised her considering all of the chemo I was receiving. I'm still limited on weight to 8 lbs, but I can play basketball as long as I avoid anything that might cause me to fall. Which means I'm just limited to shooting around, but I'll take it. At this point were hoping that my humerus fuses with the cadaver by my next appointment in two months. If it doesn't then I might have to have another surgery to help it fuse. Now that I'm finished with treatment, new bone growth will come a lot easier so hopefully it works.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I am a living example of the power of prayer, and I couldn't be more grateful.



7 comments:

  1. THIS IS JUST THE BEST NEWS. WITH HOPE, FAITH, BELIEF AND ENCOURAGEMENT AS YOU GET STRONGER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! I am so happy for you, Mike!
    I'll still keep you in my thoughts for the continuation of good news- hopefully the bone will grow some more over the next couple of months.
    But wow, I am so happy to hear your scans are clear!
    Best wishes ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There will hopefully be many clear scans to come from both me and Matthew.

      Delete
  3. Most wonderful news and so happy for you!! Keep believing :)

    Best,
    Glyka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming scans.

      Delete