Saturday, February 8, 2014

Rest Week

Short update:

Last week was a great week for me. I got to go out and do a lot, and it was very enjoyable. This week has been more of a rest week for me. The only exciting things I did this week were to pick up my glasses yesterday, and blood work on Thursday. Sounds really fun doesn't it? Not really, but in all seriousness I really needed to just rest this week. If there is one thing that I have done well so far in this cancer treatment its to listen to my body. I push myself a little bit from time to time, like last week, but mostly I haven't. My blood counts, and overall health during this has been really good so far. Some of that success is due to luck, but I have done everything right and that definitely helps.

Sunday was the last day that I really did much. I went to my brother's basketball game. I'm still a bad luck charm though. Maybe this Sunday they'll get a win when I see them play. No pressure guys....just kidding. Looking forward to the game. It looks like were not getting much snow Sunday so that's good. We already got enough this week. I really wish I could have went outside and played in the snow. I love the snow.

Now let's get to the cancer treatment. As far as side effects from treatment go. The only new thing is my mouth. I have no mouth sores, but the inside of my mouth is now back to how it was during my first three cycles. It's all pale and dead looking, especially my tongue. Gross! In the morning the skin in my mouth feels really tight, and dry. Like so tight that I can't stick my tongue out. I think if I tried to I would tear the skin under my tongue. The biotene helps a little bit. It gets better as the day goes on, but it is always the same in the morning. I feel pretty good right now. I have more energy now than I did last week.

My 5th B treatment is next week. Hopefully there's no snowstorms, or I'll be staying down there. Please keep me in your prayers next week. The last B week that I had was a really rough experience, and I hope this time is much better.

Also keep all of the other people battling cancer, and other illnesses in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike, you sure our hope for an uneventful and speedy recovery from the next cycle of chemo! Cheers from the cold northeast, Canada ~ Mathew, Patricia & family

    ReplyDelete