Thursday, May 29, 2014

Two Months Free from Treatment

There's not much to report on other than my hair coming in really fast now. Everything else is about the same that I have been mentioning. It's really nice to see my hair coming in the way it is now. The hair is really fuzzy on my head which everyone seems to like except me.

Over the weekend we had a yard sale. My cousins, and my brother Joey worked a lemonade stand to raise money for sarcoma research. I was so happy that they did this. Thanks again guys! It was also my cousin Samantha's birthday. She's 8 now!

Nice Job!

It was really nice weather over the weekend. I have to take extra care to cover up the scar on my arm when in the sun to prevent it from burning, and also my head until my hair grows in more. A sunburnt head is not fun, I had that last year when I cut my hair too short. My arm will burn really fast if I don't protect it. The scar is still red right now. Since I have a pool, and plan on swimming a lot this summer, I bought a swim shirt (link to shirt). I won't have to worry about putting sunblock on if I wear the shirt which will be nice. It should be here tomorrow; hopefully it fits.

On June 12th I'll have an MRI, and x-ray of my arm in the morning, and an appointment with my surgeon in the afternoon. I'm not sure what to expect as far as the results from the scans go. I've been dedicated to exercising my arm, but I'm not seeing the improvement that I would have liked so far. I went outside to test my arm by shooting hoops, and it was better than the last time (which was a little over two weeks ago), but not by much. That could have been only because I really warmed up well before trying though.

Hopefully there will be more bone growth in my arm so I can move on to the next step of my rehab. My next update will be after my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment